Medium Voltage Engineer
About Premier Automation:
Premier Automation is an engineered solutions company that specializes in providing automation, drive and electrical control solutions and services to industrial and OEM markets. Premier Automation offers cost effective, industry specific technology solutions to help our customers increase their industrial productivity, efficiency and overall systems performance. We take the time to understand their unique process and requirements, and then work closely with them to develop the best control solution for their need.
Premier Automation is looking for an Electrical Medium Voltage Engineer experienced in designing and working with Medium Voltage solutions and systems, with knowledge in industrial power design. The Engineer will work diligently to meet the customers’ expectations in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze customer’s technical specifications, one-line diagram and schematic diagram regarding the application of Medium Voltage solutions (RVSS, VFD, Switchgear) along with associated protection and control systems and design appropriate product solutions to meet the customers’ expectations in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Work independently to create all documents for customer approval and manufacturing of Medium Voltage solutions.
- Typical documents include:
- One-line diagrams
- Panel arrangement
- Electrical schematics
- Three-line drawings
- Wiring diagrams
- Prepare quotations, layout drawings, electrical schematics, and bills of material.
- Work with manufacturing to ensure the function and quality of the solution.
- Understand and efficiently use Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or Electro-Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years of proven experience working with the design/configuration of Medium Voltage (4.16-38 kV) solutions and systems.
- AutoCAD experience is a plus, SolidWorks experience is desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of standard protection and control technologies used in medium voltage solutions.
- Ability to analyze customer’s technical specifications regarding the application and apply appropriate product solutions to meet the customers’ requirements.
- Ability to read, understand and evaluate electrical schematics and mechanical layouts to identify errors or potential improvements.
- Experience creating, working with, and managing bills of material.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done on time and with high quality.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced engineering and manufacturing environment.
- Strong written, verbal, mathematical (MathCAD), and interpersonal skills.
Premier Automation offers:
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401K plan with employer match
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation
- 10 Paid Company Holidays
- All Product and Sales Training
Offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, subject to applicable laws and regulations.